Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pat McInerney checks in

I would like to take this opportunity to put in my apologies for the AGM and the reunion in Taupo in November: and to thank you and all the team for your excellent work on the journal.
-----I recently passed the 30th anniversary of when I first enlisted in the TF as an 18 yr old in Invercargill in May 1978. I had gone along with every intention of joining A Coy, 4 O South, but got intercepted along the way by Jim Fitzgerald, who introduced me to Lox Kellas and the rest of Left Section 31 B Battery - Skin Frances, Ray Graham, Paul O'Connor, Graham Cattermole, Mingo Menzies, Jeff Stewart, Richard Neiderer, Mike Burke, Gary Holmes and many others.
-----I have to say that if someone had told me then that one day 28 years later I would be watching a rugby match being played in Invercargill between a South African team and an NZ side, on satellite TV in the dining hall of a NZ Army base in Afghanistan I would have looked at them as though they had come from outer space!
-----I will be moving into a new place, in Springfield in about 2 months or so and once I am settled I will start scanning and emailing some of the gunner photos in my albums from my time with 161 Bty and 31 Bty.

Regards,
Pat

0416672189


Check out my website at:
www.myspace.com/patmcinerney

No comments:

Post a Comment