Thursday, January 22, 2009

WW1 enquiry: 23215 RQMS G T Stagg

Good Morning,
I wonder if you can point me in the right direction. 15 years ago I bought a pocket watch. I was told it was a WW1 army issue pocket watch. On the back of the watch is a stamp E.C.6673 with a little arrow above. 
On the inside the owner has scratched his details. It looks like:
---No 23215
---RQMS G T Stagg
---RNZA NZEF
As soon as I saw this it gave me shivers to think that this was that person writing and I fell in love with it. I have been meaning to find out who it belonged to. I would love to find out about this person. As the numbers mean very little to me I wanted to find out what they were so it may give me more of an idea on how to find him.
Kind regards, many thanks.
Amanda.

I have referred Amanda to NZDF Archives, Archives NZ and RSA Review. If you have something for her, please email her.

No comments:

Post a Comment