Friday, August 28, 2009

What happened 'in there'?

From Les Pye, on the Viet Nam oral history project:
Having last year forwarded my episode to Ian McGibbon, I received a question from him regarding the fortified conex at the Battery which I had described as the local defence control facility and the BSM's small arms storage.  I also had stuck in my mind that it held the odd Gunner under close arrest pending summary justice.   
The question "Was this just men that had to be constrained or did men sentenced to field punishment end up in the conex too?  Did the infantry companies have a similar conex?"   
In order to be sure I was not exaggerating, can anyone comment on this subject in order that I can give a response to Ian, belated as it will be.  Catch Les on dimpy@xtra.co.nz, cc Ian.McGibbon@mch.govt.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment