Saturday, March 15, 2008

HUSKY CHUCK aka PISTOL GRIP calls from the US of A

Dear Kiwi Mates:
Isn't the world wide web amazing. I was just thinking about the "football" game we had on the field near the Seldom Inn. Ron Williams, Grant Box and all the rest. My US Battery, C Battery, 2-35th Field Artillery, was stationed with the ANZUS task force circa October, 1969 through Spring 1970, although I left my battery when I was promoted to Captain in March.
_____Anyway, I enjoyed many of the pictures on your web site. I would love to exchange some email with my old Nui Dat mates if you have any contact with them.
_____My name is Gary Gardenhire, I was the Charlie Battery's FDO and then XO at the time. I became a lawyer after leaving the Army in 1971 and live in Norman, Oklahoma, the home of the University of Oklahoma. I stayed in the Army Reserves and retired as a Colonel. I was last on active duty mobilizing reserve components for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.
_____If any of these fellows are around, tell them you've had contact from "Husky Chuck" --- they'll know what that means; or, from "Pistol Grip" call sign.
-
Hope to hear from you.
-
Gary Gardenhire
---ggardenhire@cox.net
_
PS: After I sent that email, I discovered your "In Memoriam" page and was sad to see the names of Ray Williamson and Allistair Ross, both good friends. Fortunately, I saw no other names I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment