Thursday, June 5, 2008

Matt Rout is doing his thesis on military ethics

Hello,
My name is Matt Rout and I am a Masters student at the University of Canterbury. My thesis is on military ethics in the contemporary operational environment (specifically land operations).
-----I hope to get in touch with possible interviewees, as two of the three case studies I am doing are Korea and Vietnam, along with East Timor.
-----I want to talk to anyone who is interested about both the role-specific and general aspects of military ethics, so while I would be particularly interested in talking to those who experienced any combat-related ethical dilemmas or issues, I would also like to talk about the day to day operational lifestyle, such as the interactions between services and with civilians and other armies.
-----With regard to the interviews, I could either conduct them face-to-face, by telephone or I could email/post out a questionnaire. The process itself should not take too long.
-----Also, if desired, I can assure the anonymity of anyone who takes part. I am willing to offer a digital copy to anyone pre-submission so they can request removal.
Please feel free to email me with further questions.

Thank you for your time

Matt

Contact Matt at mattrout@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment